Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I absolutely adore fresh mango, and this salsa is the perfect way to make them shine! The result is very fresh, sweet and spicy, and chunky...similar to pico de gallo in texture. Make sure you use mangoes at their peak...if they are too ripe, your salsa will be mushy. I make this often for guests by serving with blue corn tortilla chips (the color is so much prettier than plain ol' tortilla chips!) or serve alongside mahi mahi or other grilled fish. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 2 cups chopped mangoes (about 2 medium mangoes)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium fresh jalapeno, minced
- Mix first six ingredients together in large bowl.
- Add jalapeno to taste (I usually use about 3/4 of a medium-sized jalapeno, which gives it quite a quick!).
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to an hour to allow flavors to mellow.
- Immediately before serving, give salsa a quick stir. May be stored in a sealed container for several days.
Since I like mango ~ chutney, salsa, whatever ~ the name of this recipe caught my eye, & I just had to make it! And, although I did use just a small jalapeno, this makes into an OUTSTANDING salsa ~ At least, it was a smash hit with a group I host each month! Thanks much for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]