Recipe by Sue Lau
Our take on the traditional grape jelly meatballs. We have tried lots of this kind of recipe, and find we like this one best. It is a "must have" for any holiday party or football get together. If I don't serve this, there will be no place I can hide....
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
This year we decided to do a non traditional Christmas dinner...we had a Finger Food and Appetizer fest. I made your meatballs to help round out the meal. The only change I made was I doubled the hot chili sauce fro a bit more of a bite. Will definitely keep this recipe in my cook book for future use.
- 4 lbs frozen precooked meatballs, thawed
- 32 ounces ketchup
- 32 ounces grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (optional) or 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ketchup, jelly, hot sauce, garlic powder and onion flakes in a small saucepan, and stir over medium heat until jelly melts and everything is well mixed.
- Place meatballs in a crock pot or large sauce pan and cover with sauce, stirring to mix everything up.
- Heat on low setting for 20 minutes on the stove or several hours in the crock pot, until meatballs are hot and sauce sticks to them well. Serve hot.