Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Our take on the traditional grape jelly meatballs. We have tried lots of this kind of recipe, and find we like this one best. It is a "must have" for any holiday party or football get together. If I don't serve this, there will be no place I can hide....
- 4 lbs frozen precooked meatballs, thawed
- 32 ounces ketchup
- 32 ounces grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (optional) or 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion flakes
- Place ketchup, jelly, hot sauce, garlic powder and onion flakes in a small saucepan, and stir over medium heat until jelly melts and everything is well mixed.
- Place meatballs in a crock pot or large sauce pan and cover with sauce, stirring to mix everything up.
- Heat on low setting for 20 minutes on the stove or several hours in the crock pot, until meatballs are hot and sauce sticks to them well. Serve hot.
This year we decided to do a non traditional Christmas dinner...we had a Finger Food and Appetizer fest. I made your meatballs to help round out the meal. The only change I made was I doubled the hot chili sauce fro a bit more of a bite. Will definitely keep this recipe in my cook book for future use.
LOVED THEM! I made these for our Christmas Eve buffet and they were a huge hit. I misread the recipe and added 1 1/2 tablespoons of onion flakes rather than teaspoons, but I think that made them even better. I will definitely be making these again. Thanks for posting Sue, please see my rating system.