1/52 Photos of Absolute Best Ever Lasagna
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My family's favorite. This is a very meaty lasagna. We prefer it with cottage cheese, but you can easily substitute ricotta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 24 ounces cottage cheese or 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 -15 lasagna noodles
- 1Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic.
- 2Add salt and next 5 ingredients; stirring until well mixed.
- 3Simmer 1 hour.
- 4Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 5Spray a 13 x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- 6Combine cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
- 7Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 8Bake at 375F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Absolute Best Ever Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.5
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 147.1 mg
- Sodium 1472.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 45.5 g