Recipe by Suzy-Q Cooks
This was adapted from a Weight Loss Surgery recipe site. Mine tastes better, is lower carb, and you don't have to figure out what to do with the orange pulp.
Top Review by PrairieHarpy
This is a phenomenal recipe. I grew up with "the can shaped stuff" and was actually kind of grossed out the first time I had "real" cranberry sauce. This recipe leans toward the real stuff, but stayed sweet enough and had the best texture. I loved it. I've been doing all sorts of things with the leftovers! THanks!
- 12 ounces unsweetened cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon Crystal Light orange drink mix
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse cranberries, place in 2-quart pan with water.
- Stir in Splenda Crystal Lite Orange powder, cinnamon, raspberry gelatin and unflavored gelatin if desired.
- Bring to a boil (or use crock pot for long simmering) mashing some of the berries with back of spoon.
- When thickened, pour into serving dish and refrigerate overnight.