Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was adapted from a Weight Loss Surgery recipe site. Mine tastes better, is lower carb, and you don't have to figure out what to do with the orange pulp.
- 12 ounces unsweetened cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon Crystal Light orange drink mix
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (optional)
- Rinse cranberries, place in 2-quart pan with water.
- Stir in Splenda Crystal Lite Orange powder, cinnamon, raspberry gelatin and unflavored gelatin if desired.
- Bring to a boil (or use crock pot for long simmering) mashing some of the berries with back of spoon.
- When thickened, pour into serving dish and refrigerate overnight.
This is a phenomenal recipe. I grew up with "the can shaped stuff" and was actually kind of grossed out the first time I had "real" cranberry sauce. This recipe leans toward the real stuff, but stayed sweet enough and had the best texture. I loved it. I've been doing all sorts of things with the leftovers! THanks!
I had mixed reactions to this recipe, some loved it, some hated it and some sat somewhere in the middle. It was easy to make and I thought it was fine... but I am the biggest fruit lover of all who tried this and maybe that makes a difference? There was a slight after-taste of Splenda, which if you are used to sugar might have been the offputting part of this recipe. Please see my rating system: personal taste is everything, and for us, not enough of us in a group of 6 liked it well enough for me to give this more than 3 stars. Still, I am glad that I tried it and to have given it a chance. Thanks! (Recipe made for Pick A Chef Spring 2008)
You can trust Suzy's recipes. She's a great experimenter!