Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
The perfect way to start a New Orleans-style brunch!Creamy and anise flavored, this popular French Quarter drink is served cold, straight from the blender.
- 3⁄4 cup Pernod
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 cups crushed ice
- nutmeg, to garnish
- Blend Pernod, creams,egg whites and sugar in a pitcher;refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pour half of mixture into blender.
- Add 1 1/2 cups crushed ice and blend at highest speed until frothy and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into chilled goblets.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and ice.
- Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg and serve.