Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was one of my Grandma's recipes that she brought to the USA from Denmark in the 1920's.
- 1 lb dried apricot
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 12 -15 macaroons
- sherry wine (optional)
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Soak apricots overnight in water.
- Bring to a boil in same water and add sugar.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Place half of macaroons in serving dish.
- Sprinkle with sherry, if desired.
- Add half of apricots on top of macaroons.
- Repeat with last macaroons and apricot sauce.
- Serve with whipped cream on top.