Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup boiled or steamed spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk solids
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- Combine the spinach (along with a minimal amount of the cooking liquid if you have it) with 1/2 cup water.
- Combine stirring and tearing with your favorite pointed kitchen implements until the spinach is fairly well shredded and the water is throughly green.
- This will produce a tacky texture and a marbled inner appearance.
- For a greener bread, use a food processor and puree into a shake instead.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the bread pan, and set to bake on white cycle.
- Makes One 1 1/2-pound loaf.
I made this recipe exactly yet obviously I did something wrong. It came out looking like some monster baby all lumpy. It tasted great, REALLY, but looked ugly. I am going to make it again and not walk away from bread maker to see what happens. Stars forthcoming after I remake this .edited to add: made this bread again and although it tasted good, it still gave me trouble as far as looking good. The dough was difficult to work with. I rarely bake in my ABM, choosing to bake in the oven. I will try this again in the ABM fully as I do like the taste of the bread just not the texture of the working dough or the finished product. However, as taste goes it is good and I like that I can have my bread and healthiness too.
What a great bread recipe. I did add chunks of parmesan cheese to the dough. I was great. It's such a pretty bread too. Thanks Dancer Gibblet