1/5 Photos of Abm Italian Breadsticks- Grissini
2 hrs 40 mins
I found this recipe in a bread machine book that I received for my birthday from my mother last year. If your machine has instuctions that the yeast should be placed in the pan first then reverse the order in which you add the liquid and dry ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the water and olive oil in the bread machine pan, sprinkle over the flour, make sure you cover the water completely.
- 2Add the salt in corner of the pan, make a small dent in the flour (not as far down as the liquid) and add the yeast.
- 3Select the basic dough setting and press start.
- 4Ligtly oil two or more baking sheets.
- 5When dough cycle has finished, remove from the machine and knock it back on a lightly floured surface.
- 6Roll out into a rectangle of approx 9x8 inch.
- 7Cut into three 8 inch long strips, cut the strips widthways into ten.
- 8Roll and stretch each piece to 12 inch approx if you like them crispy, make them shorter/thicker if you like more bread structure (the dough is very elastic, its easiest to start rolling them beween your hands).
- 9If using the poppy seeds or salt, scatter some on the work area and roll them into the dough, this is best done halfway through the rolling process, later on they do not want to stick.
- 10Be careful with the salt, its quickly too much.
- 11Space apart on the baking sheets, brush lightly with some olive oil, cover with clear film and leave in a warm place for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 12Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 13Bake for 12 to 15 minutes (longer if you made them shorter and thicker) or until golden brown, turning once.
- 14Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Abm Italian Breadsticks- Grissini
Serving Size: 1 (634 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 140.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g