Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Takes a labour intensive recipe and brings it forward to be available for time-constrained or multi-tasking Bakers. *GLAZE* Mix together:3/4 cup Icing Sugar -- 1TBSP Milk -- 2 drops Almond Flavouring. Prep Time reflects time in ABM and second rising.Could differ with different models.
Top Review by annnaomi
This recipe works beautifully, they rise and smell wonderful when cooking. However I think the mix needs sugar. I have made it first as printed above then with the addition of 3 slightly rounded tablespoonsfull of sugar. The second batch were undoubtedly best. I had one warm from the oven, well buttered and topped with a slice of cheddar. Brill!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup candied fruit
- 3 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure ingredients into baking pan in order given or as directed on your breadmachine.
- Insert baking pan securely into baking unit,close lid.
- Select Dough setting.
- When complete, remove dough from pan and divide into 12 pieces.
- Shape into round, slightly flattened buns.
- Place 2" apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Combine (and brush on buns) 1 slightly beaten egg with 1 tbsp water.
- Slash top of bun to form a cross.
- Bake at 375 F degrees (190 C) for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Drizzle *cross* with glaze while warm.(Recipe shown in description).