Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I had a slew of Cocoa Mix that I wanted to use up and love Liisa's Dinner Rolls. http://www.recipezaar.com/69753 So I modified it to use the cocoa mix. :-) These rolls come out just as perfect as Liisa's rolls.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar (1 egg may replace)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope hot cocoa mix (milk chocolate)
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (bread flour can be used also)
- 3 teaspoons yeast (bread machine)
- In small sauce pan melt butter.
- When melted remove from heat and add milk, salt , cream of tartar and cocoa mix.
- Make sure to mix well.
- Pour into bottom of bread machine.
- Place flour on top.
- Make a well and add yeast.
- Set bread machine to dough setting.
- When the bread machine is done.
- Push down and remove to lightly floured surface shape dough into a log and slice down length with a sharp knife.
- Cut the two logs width wise 8 times.
- You should end up with 16 pieces that are roughly the same size.
- Place onto a lightly greased baking dish or cookie sheet.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise 30 minutes until the dough is doubled again.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.