Recipe by Nyteglori
This is not a traditional sweet bread but it is awesome hot out of the bread machine with a little butter. Unfortunately this is not a recipe you can set up on a timer to start later. You will need to "babysit" it for the mixing cycle as the moisture of bananas can vary greatly and you may need to add more flour or water if the moisture content needs adjusting. The prep time includes the babysitting of your dough ball - the cook time is the full bread machine cycle.
Top Review by CheyenneAnn
This was really good. Nice and dense, fine crumb. My breadman abm liked it just fine. I used about 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger. My bananas were very ripe. I snuck in an extra small one and didn't end up adjusting the flour at all. We loved this toasted and also with PBJ. My husband and I enjoyed it very much.
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup white bread flour, to adjust moisture content
- 1⁄3 cup powdered milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- cinnamon (optional) or spices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ingredients in machine in the order listed or as per your machines instructions.
- Set to 1.5 lb loaf and press start.
- Towards the end of the mix cycle your dough ball should move freely in the machine without sticking to the sides (needs more flour) and should pick up all the loose ingredients (needs more water). One your dough ball looks fine you can let the machine do the rest of the work for you.