1/4 Photos of Ableskiver - Danish Doughnuts
This is a true traditional Danish recipe. You need a special pan to make them but most gourmet kitchen shops carry these cast iron pans. The pan is round and has round indentations so you can cook 10-12 at time. This can be a breakfast dish (usual time ithey are served), brunch, late night snack or any snack time. Serve with bacon on the side or whatever. Just typing this I want t
My Private Note
Apprx p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Place eggs in a measuring cup and cover with milk until it reaches 1 2/3 cups.
- 3Beat eggs& milk.
- 4Add liquids to dry ingredients.
- 5Mix well but don't beat.
- 6Cook over a fairly low heat with 1/4 tsp oil in the bottom of each space.
- 7When bubbly around the edges and looking half cooked use a knitting needle (or fork to flip over).
- 8A pan usually makes ten so when you take them out keep warm in the oven.
- 9Serve with butter & sugar or your favorite preserve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ableskiver - Danish Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 211.6 mg
- Sodium 511.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 18.7 g