Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I chose this recipe for the world tour. This recipe also came in hand for some friends of ours that are vegetarian
- 4 fluid ounces vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- salt, to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon butter, with
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- parsley, for garnishing
- 8 ounces goat's cheese, grated (optional)
- Heat oil in pan and saute onion till golden.
- Stir in ginger, garlic, tomatoes, mince and salt. Cook on low 15 - 20 min.,
- stirring regularly to prevent burning.
- Combine eggs with mixture in pan and cook 10 minute
- Remove from heat.
- Add turmeric and seasoned butter and top with parsley and cheese.
- Serve with rice or fresh bread; mix with steamed corn and eat by itself; or use it to stuff other vegetables.
- To make this dish a non vegetarian dish I added 1 lb Lean, minced beef. for my guys .
This was delicious, 5* with the herbed goat cheese I added (around 3 ounces total). I used egg beaters instead of eggs (the equivalent of 4 eggs), and greatly reduced the vegetable oil. Took the advice of a prior reviewer and added 1 teaspoon turmeric instead of 1 tablespoon, but I think it could have used more. I served this with a potato side, very good! Another ZWT recipe. Thanks Blue Rose!
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 - Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles! Having read the previous review I used 6 eggs, feta (goat/sheep cheese) & just 1 tsp of turmeric....the final dish was really delicious & we all enjoyed it! This is basically an African omelette lol, DS was the first to spot that! Thanks Kimberly for another lovely recipe :)
This received mixed reviews - 7yo LOVED it, 10yo hated it & I liked it. I personally think this has way too much turmeric. I doubled the eggs because i didn't see 3 eggs making enough for the 3 of us. 6 eggs was just right. The only cheese I had was swiss & I don't recommend it, lol. If not the recommended goat cheese, stick with something milder! Made for the 9/07 Aussie Swap.