Recipe by BLUE ROSE
I chose this recipe for the world tour. This recipe also came in hand for some friends of ours that are vegetarian
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
This was delicious, 5* with the herbed goat cheese I added (around 3 ounces total). I used egg beaters instead of eggs (the equivalent of 4 eggs), and greatly reduced the vegetable oil. Took the advice of a prior reviewer and added 1 teaspoon turmeric instead of 1 tablespoon, but I think it could have used more. I served this with a potato side, very good! Another ZWT recipe. Thanks Blue Rose!
- 4 fluid ounces vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- salt, to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon butter, with
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- parsley, for garnishing
- 8 ounces goat's cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan and saute onion till golden.
- Stir in ginger, garlic, tomatoes, mince and salt. Cook on low 15 - 20 min.,
- stirring regularly to prevent burning.
- Combine eggs with mixture in pan and cook 10 minute
- Remove from heat.
- Add turmeric and seasoned butter and top with parsley and cheese.
- Serve with rice or fresh bread; mix with steamed corn and eat by itself; or use it to stuff other vegetables.
- To make this dish a non vegetarian dish I added 1 lb Lean, minced beef. for my guys .