Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool, crunchy salad to be served with a West African stew. From the Moosewood Collective.
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Pile the cabbage, carrots, pineapple into a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing by whisking all the ingredients until creamy.
- Thoroughly mix the salad and dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This was OK but I thought it needed something else. I am just not sure what it would be. I will play with it and see what I can do to give it more flavor. I followed the directions exactly. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Very good. Fresh and crunchy . I used the food processor to grate the carrot and decided to grate the fresh pineapple, too, imagining that its flavor would better mingle with the other ingredients this way. It was great, only a little too much liquid this way. I left the salad in the fridge for 3 hours before serving. Will go into my keepers cookbook.
Very light and fresh. I thought it needed a little more flavor though. Next time I will try adding some green onion and maybe some spices- I just dont know what would go with this combo just yet. Maybe some fresh mint or basil? Thanks for a great recipe Bunny Mom. Definitely a refreshing change from the ordinary.