Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
I make this for the kids when we're eating a not so friendly kid meal.
- 2 cups chicken broth (I use 2 bullion cubes and 2 c water) or 2 cups vegetable broth (I use 2 boullion cubes and 2 cups water)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces alphabet pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 7 3⁄4 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Add broth, water, and tomato sauce to a medium saucepan and stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, vegetables and chickpeas, and boil gently, uncovered, until pasta is done, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Pour into bowls and top with cheese.