Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This looks TOTALLY yummy - submitted by Frank Lane Brooks in the February issue of Rachel Ray Magazine.
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (white preffered)
- 1⁄2 granny smith apple, cored and sliced
- Over medium heat,cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove from pan and drain on a plate with paper towel.
- Spread the mustard on bread, then place the cheese and bacon on one slice of bread.
- Top with apple slices and remaining piece of bread.
- Slice diagonally and serve with your favorite chips or soup.
- Enjoy! ;).
5 slices of bacon? For one sandwich? Is that correct? Well, I made ours with two slices. Love the sandwiches. I lightly grilled crumpet bread on the stove top grill and instead of regular cheddar we tried Irish Dubliner and next time I will try smoked Dorset. I also added a few baby spinach leaves to our sandwiches. Yum! Made for Mommy Diva's Cook-a-Thon.
This is a GREAT sandwich! I used Trader Joe's sweet hot mustard, and toasted the 12-grain bread ~ I believe I sliced my Granny Smith apple too thin, and into too many slices, because some of them escaped before the cheese melted, when turning the toasted sandwich! Made for the January 2012 Mommy Diva Cookathon!
This made a terrific sandwich, my houseguests loved it. I used "Smart bread" because it has the whole wheat while looking white lol. Cheddar and apples and bacon are a super combination.