Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From foodnetwork.com. Recipe courtesy Family Fun.
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup miniature alphabet pasta
- In a large stockpot, saute the onions in the vegetable oil over medium heat until translucent (about 5 to 8 minutes). Add the carrots and chicken stock, cover the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the celery and simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the pasta. Cover the pot and let sit for 20 minutes.