Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Designated an ABC Casserole, because we found it so easy to prepare...Of particular note is the fact that it doesn't require any cream-of-whatever soup...I also like the kicky taste from the green olives (a favorite)...Serve with a tossed green salad for a nice meal!
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, uncooked (whole wheat, if available)
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream (Cabot Light preferred)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (Kraft Reduced Fat, if available)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, sliced
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts or 3 cups cooked turkey breast, diced
- Cook the egg noodles per pkg and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, 4 tbsp of the parmesan, salt and tabasco sauce (if you like more 'kick', add more tabasco).
- Stir in the olives, chicken and the egg noodles.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish/pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining parmesan.
- Cover and chill 1 hour; then bake, covered, in the preheated 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
- Then uncover the casserole and bake for 25 minutes more.
- Variation: Use a different pasta such as fettucine.