1 hr 10 mins
Designated an ABC Casserole, because we found it so easy to prepare...Of particular note is the fact that it doesn't require any cream-of-whatever soup...I also like the kicky taste from the green olives (a favorite)...Serve with a tossed green salad for a nice meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, uncooked (whole wheat, if available)
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream (Cabot Light preferred)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (Kraft Reduced Fat, if available)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts or 3 cups cooked turkey breast, diced
- 1Cook the egg noodles per pkg and drain.
- 2In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, 4 tbsp of the parmesan, salt and tabasco sauce (if you like more 'kick', add more tabasco).
- 3Stir in the olives, chicken and the egg noodles.
- 4Pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish/pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining parmesan.
- 5Cover and chill 1 hour; then bake, covered, in the preheated 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
- 6Then uncover the casserole and bake for 25 minutes more.
- 7Variation: Use a different pasta such as fettucine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Abc Chicken Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.5
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 103.6 mg
- Sodium 387.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 32.3 g