Recipe by Hill Family
The story goes: Thain met Abby and said we can get married ... but only if you can make me crepes. Abby not only learned how to make them, she has them perfected. We all leave the table licking our lips.
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts fruit
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the filling: Put the fruit and sugar in a pan, cooking on medium. Mix cornstarch and just enough warm water to get rid of any lumps. (you can also use the juice from the fruit). Add the cornstarch mixture to fruit and continue to cook until the crepes are cooked.
- Beat eggs slightly and then add all remaining ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Heat crepe pan or a small skillet on medium heat until hot. Grease lightly with oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan, immediately tilting the pan until the batter covers the bottom.
- Cook until the edges start to dry and the center is set. Turn over just to brown the other side.
- Garnish with cool whip or ice cream.