Recipe by abby 12
I came up with this recipe by chopping and changing other recipe's. I think the result was fabulous. Try it and let me know what you think. I find the wok is the best way to prepare this.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs, sliced into 4 pieces per fillet
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, sliced large
- 2 sticks celery, cut to chunks
- 6 mushrooms, quartered
- 500 ml chicken consomme or 500 ml stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (must be sweet)
- salt and pepper
- 420 g cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large fry pan brown chicken and onion in little oil.
- Add garlic and stir fry for another few minutes.
- Add chicken stock, celery, mushrooms and capsicum; stir.
- Add herbs, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and then simmer gently for 1 hour or more if desired, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream of chicken soup and cream; stir through. Thicken with cornflour if needed. Serve over rice or pasta with crispy rolls.