Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
This recipe makes 12 dozen cookies. You may have make half the recipe at a time, in order for it to fit in the mixing bowl.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, softened
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, raisins and coconut.
- Drop by rounded heaping teaspoonsful 2 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 min.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.