1/1 Photo of Abby's Pecan Apple Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, Freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tart apples
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pecans, Finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1* , such as Granny Smith, peeled, halved, and sliced (3 cups) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brush the sides of a 8 x 3 1/4-inch springform pan with the melted butter.
- 3Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/4 cup flour and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- 4Wrap foil around the pan to prevent leakage. Starting at the outside edge, arrange a ring of apple slices in the pan, slightly overlapping and pointing to the center.
- 5(It will feel backwards.) Fill in the center with another circle of apples, with some overlap occurring.
- 6Layer any remaining apple slices evenly, overlapping to prevent the batter from escaping.
- 7With a wooden spoon or electric mixer, beat together the butter and 1 cup sugar.
- 8Add the eggs, milk, rum, and vanilla.
- 9The batter will look curdled.
- 10Add 1 1/4 cups flour, the nuts, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, beating only until the flour is completely incorporated.
- 11Pour the batter over the apples and spread evenly.
- 12Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake in the middle of the oven until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean, about 70 minutes.
- 13Cover with a piece of foil if the top begins to brown too quickly.
- 14Let the cake rest in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes, then, using a small, flexible knife, gently separate the sides of the cake from the pan.
- 15Invert the cake on the rack, letting it stay in the pan for another 10 minutes, then remove the pan, lifting it up carefully.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Abby's Pecan Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.1
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 692.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g