Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another good recipe from the Pillsbury Complete Cookbook.
Make and share this Abby's Peaches 'n Cream Oven-Puffed Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches in light syrup, drained, reserving 3 tbsp liquid
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Sauce (use 3 tablespoons reserved peach syrup)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk and eggs; beat with a wire whisk or eggbeater until smooth.
- Place margarine or butter in a 9 inch pie pan; melt at 425°F for 2-4 minutes or until the butter sizzles.
- Remove pan from oven, tilting the pan to coat bottom. Immediately pour batter into the hot pan. Top with peach slices, pecans and cinnamon.
- Bake at 425°F for 16-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine cream sauce ingredients, mixing well.
- Cut pancake into wedges. Serve immediately with cream sauce.
Very, very nice pancakes, & an interesting way of serving them! I took the advice from another review & doubled the nuts & cinnamon [I love both] in the topping, & the pancakes turned out great! Thanks so much!
I usually follow a recipe exactly the first time I make it, but I didn't this time. I didn't have any canned peaches, so I used canned pears in light syrup. I doubled the amount of pecans and cinnamon in the topping because it seemed like it wouldn't be enough. And it was terrific!! I'll try it with peaches some other time, but I think doubling the cinnamon and pecans is a great idea. This made a very nice breakfast for DH and me on a snowy morning! Thanks, Hill Family!!!