Recipe by CaliforniaJan
Serve with fettucine, fresh steamed zucchini and tossed salad and you have a delicious meal. It is my daughter Abby's favorite!
Top Review by ganddhedrick
This concept is great. I added garlic, used apple juice in place of white wine and sauteed the mushrooms before putting them over the chicken. I also didn't have lemon zest, so I just doubled the lemon juice and the lemon flavor was very subtle. I will definitely remember to use lemon zest next time. The sauce was a little thin for me - I will also add a little flour next time while it's in the pan to thicken it up just a bit and maybe add some parmesan cheese to the sauce as well.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in frying pan, add chicken and saute over medium heat for 10 minutes until chicken is browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken to a 9 x 13-inch oven-proof dish. Drain butter from pan and add wine, lemon peel, and lemon juice. cook for 1 minute, then add salt, pepper and cream. Stir and heat, but do not boil. Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with mushrooms and parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley.