Recipe by Abby Girl
This salad is visually a beautiful dish. Each bite bursts a different texture.... sweet from the mango and dried blueberries, crunch from the salad, tomatoes and nuts or smooth from the avocado. I served this to a friend for a luncheon and I was so impressed that I served it again to my DD that night. She said that it has become one of her top 10 favorite salads. Unless you like your salads swimming in dressing, this dressing is so flavourful that you don't need alot to go around. I served this with my Best Ever Drop Biscuits (Small Batch) and Mirj's Brown Sugar Strawberries
Top Review by Mrs. Danger_horse
What a YUMMY salad!! We enjoyed it with a topping of Ozzie Zest's Honey Sesame Prawns instead of plain prawns, and it was fantastic! We also skipped the cheese and didn't have either dried blueberries or white onion, but it was just fine without. Thank you!
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 mango, peeled and cubed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut half
- 1⁄2 avocado, chopped
- sweet white onion, slices
- 1⁄4 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, cubed (your favorite)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 12 prawns (fresh or frozen)
- 2 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid. Shake the ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- Salad: Wash and clean salad greens. Shread into bit size pieces and place on 2 bowls or decorative plates. Arrange rest of the ingredients on the plate.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Prawns: Place 6 prawns on the wooden bamboo stick. Remove about 2 T of the salad dressing to a small bowl, and brush on both sides of the prawns. Place on the grill and grill for 3-1/2 - 4 minutes. Turn the prawns over and brush with any remaining dressing. Grill until cooked, about 3-1/2 - 4 minutes more. Remove from grill when just slightly pink. Cut into one prawn to check if cooked. You have overcooked when the prawns when it becomes bright pink.
- Remove the prawns from the bamboo and let sit for 1 minute.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the remaining dressing on the salad and add the prawns on top.