Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
In my voyage to healthier eating, I have started using ground turkey instead of beef. In doing so... I had to make it tasty too. I do not use salt. For those that choose to season, well, that's on you.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free margarine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped lemon basil
- In a bowl, combine ground turkey, scallions, bread crumbs, 1 TB of the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide turkey mixture into 8 equal portion . Shape into patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot.
- For the sauce, in a small saucepan combine orange juice, lemon juice, and the remaining 1 TB soy sauce. Let bubble until reduced by half.
- Add 4 of the patties and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Turn patties over and cook another 8 minutes or until done (165 degrees F). Repeat with remaining 4 patties. Keep the first batch warm in a warm oven.
- Whisk in the margarine & lemon basil to sauce. Pour over burgers.
- Serve with rice.
This is a great "burger" patty. I did not add salt, but did add a little ground pepper to the mix. The sauce is great. I liked the ginger flavor in the meat and the sauce. Served with Mixed Mushroom Rice. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.