Recipe by Abba Gimel
This one is for the day before your shopping trip and you just want to clean out the fridge. I have included what is typically in my fridge and as we are on diets... it is usually a healthy, but hearty meal!!!!! Adjust the spicy to your liking.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 red bell peppers or 1 fire roasted red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, chopped & blanched
- 200 g spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush pan with oil and heat.
- Over medium heat cook garlic for 1 minute.
- Cook Chicken on all sides.
- Combine spices and sprinkle over chicken.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peppers and broccoli and cook till tender.
- Add spinach and cook till it begins to wilt.
- Serve and enjoy! Fill the fridge and repeat next week.