Abba's Chipotle Chicken, Beans and Rice Pilaf
- In a medium deep-sided skillet with a lid, heat the oil over medium heat. In the meantime soak the lentils in a cup of water.
- Add the chicken and chipotle seasoning, cook until juices run clear, about 6-10 minutes.
- Drain the lentils. Set the chicken aside.
- In the same skillet. Add the onion, garlic, lentils and rice, cook, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, beans, corn, salsa, chili powder and cumin bring to a boil over medium-high heat stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid, about 25 minutes. Add the remaining chicken broth cover and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.