Recipe by 80sguy
A recipe based on the Japanese TV series BakuRyuu Sentai Abaranger.
Top Review by Heather Sullivan
This is a very traditional japanese curry recipe. The packets of curry roux don't always tell you everything you need to know on how to use the roux. My only suggestions is to cook around 30minutes or so, not 40-50minutes. The vegetables should be very tender and the meat cooked through. I halved the recipe and found half of a halfpack of curry roux was about right, although I needed to add a bit of extra boiling water as the sauce got very thick.
- 946.36 ml steamed japanese rice
- 2 onions
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 113.39 g japanese curry roux
- 828.06 ml water
- 226.79 g chicken or 226.79 g pork or 226.79 g beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes, carrots, and choosen meat into small pieces.
- Slice onions.
- Heat a deep pan and saute the onions until brown.
- Add choosen meat, potatoes, carrots and garlic in the pan and saute together.
- Add water in the pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and cook for 40-50 minute.
- Add potatostarch and water mixture in the soup to thicken.
- Add curry roux and simmer for 10 minute Serve the curry over steamed rice.