Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just returned from Abaco in the Bahamas; conch is the island specialty!
- 1 lb ground conch, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Add conch, chopped onions and sweet peppers; mix well.
- Add tomato paste and salt, mixing again.
- Stir in flour and baking powder with water.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Drop in conch batter using teaspoon sized balls.
- Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Drain well and serve with cocktail of your choice.
Thank you! Thank You! Thank you! The fritters don't get any better, except on Abaco!