Aash-E Shalgham (Beef and Herb Soup)
- Chop one onion and saute in oil until golden brown. Add turmeric, peas and water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Grate the second onion and mix into the ground beef. Form ground beef and onion mixture into small walnut sized balls and add to simmering soup mixture.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the rice, parsley, cilantro, chives and spinach.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. The rice should be tender at this point.
- In another pan, melt butter and stir fry the garlic for 2-3 minutes making sure it does not burn. Add the mint, giving it a quick stir and then sprinkle over the soup. Serve.