Turnip Soup (Persian/Iranian)
Make and share this Aash-E Shalgham recipe from Food.com.
- Mix ground meat with grated onions, salt and black pepper.
- Shape into small balls, and fry in oil until colour changes.
- Add 4-5 glasses of hot water and split peas and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Wash turnip and rice.
- Peel turnip and cut into a few pieces.
- Add both to aash.
- Also add turmeric, salt and black pepper.
- Mix well and cook over low heat for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If using fresh mint, wash and chop finely.
- Fry mint in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes and pour over aash when serving.