Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
For Zaar 6 tour. Looks good; with rice, herbs and ground beef.
- 4 onions, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons split peas
- 2 cups rice, basmati
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 scallions, greens and all
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon mint
- Peel an slice 2 onions; fry in oil until golden.
- Add turmeric, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Add beef stock; add split peas; cook 10 minutes
- Wash rice; add to soup; cook for 10 minutes.
- Peel and grate remaining 2 onions.
- Add to meat with egg; shape into small balls; add to soup.
- Wash herbs; mince fine; add to soup; cook 10 minutes.
- Fry mint in oil; chop finely; if fresh add to top of soup like garnish.