Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wheat and Vegetable Stew, Iranian (Persian)
Make and share this Aash-E Gandom recipe from Food.com.
- Soak peas, beans, lentils and wheat in water for 4-5 hours.
- Peel and chop onions and fry in oil until slightly golden.
- Add hot water, peas, beans, lentils, wheat, turmeric, salt and pepper, and cook over low heat for about one hour, stirring frequently.
- Wash and chop spinach and add to the aash. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Fry one spoonful of flour in oil for a few minutes and add to the aash.
- Stir and cook for a few more minutes.