Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
A rich soup made with various herbs, rice, meat and prunes.
- 100 g basmati rice or 100 g long-grain rice
- 500 g herbs (parsley, mint, coriander, spring-onion ends)
- 250 g ground lamb or 250 g beef
- 300 g pitted prunes
- 4 large onions
- cooking oil
- black pepper
- Soak prunes in warm water for two hours.
- Peel and slice two onions and fry in oil until slightly golden.
- Make ground meat into 2 cm balls and fry with onions until colour changes.
- Add 3-4 glasses of water, and bring to a boil.
- Finely chop herbs.
- Wash rice once with warm water.
- Add herbs, rice, prunes (including the water it was soaked in), salt and black pepper to meat balls.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.