Just saw this being made on Aarti's Party-new top chef winner! Had to share :)
Make and share this Aarti's Party Chai Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups water
- 1 piece cinnamon stick (1-inch)
- 4 green cardamom pods, smashed
- 4 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 star anise
- 2 quarter sized pieces fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons black tea leaves (recommended ( Taj Mahal) or 2 teaspoons black tea, of choice (I use decaf)
- 2 teaspoons honey (or more)
- whole milk (I use almond or rice milk) or half-and-half (I use almond or rice milk)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, all of the spices and the ginger to a boil over medium heat. Turn off the heat and allow it to steep for 15 minutes.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil, then add the tea. Turn the heat off, and allow it to steep for 3 to 5 minutes depending on how strong you like your tea.
- Stir in the honey and add milk to your liking. Strain it into a bowl or pitcher and serve!