Prep 12 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Recipe courtesy Aarti Sequeira
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 earl grey tea bags
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- handful finely chopped pistachios, plus extra for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring evaporated milk to a simmer until small bubbles form around the circumference of the pot. Meanwhile, snip the tops of the tea bags and add to the milk. Whisk in cardamom. Once the milk is simmering, turn the heat off, cover and let sit and steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the evaporated milk into a large bowl. Whisk in the condensed milk, heavy cream and pistachios. Either pour the mixture into ice pop molds, small bowls or a large bowl. Cover the bowls with a piece of plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn and the formation of a "skin". Pop them into the freezer and freeze overnight.
- When you're ready to serve, run the ice pop mold under hot water to loosen it. You can do the same thing for the smaller bowls if you'd like to serve it as a little kulfi half dome. Garnish with more nuts if you like and serve.
very simple to make.Really yummy. Well I LOVE cardamom so had to make it. Lovely and creamyI put it in a small plastic tub instead of making pops.A little goes a long way. My son loved it!!!