Recipe by MissFit13
Aarti Sequeira, Indian cooking expert and host of Aarti Party on Food Network, shares specialty recipes for a weight-loss boost.
- 8 ounces quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (do not use chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala, recipe follows
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a small saucepan a third of the way with water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer.
- Place a glass bowl over the top of the saucepan, to create a double boiler, make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the chocolate, coconut oil and a pinch of salt. Stir until the chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth and silky.
- Off the heat, add the ginger and garam masala. Stir until well combined. Allow to cool slightly and then ladle a little over a scoop of ice cream.
- Sprinkle lightly with coarse sea salt, if using and ginger. Wait about 30 seconds for the chocolate to harden and then enjoy!