Recipe by Aarsi's Kitchen
There are days when all one needs is a low fat yummy curry. Easy to make, is healthy, looks exotic and satisfies taste buds craving an Indian meal.
- 1 lb medium firm tofu (Cubed)
- 2 green chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- asafoetida powder
- salt (according to taste)
- olive oil
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups green peas
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 large red onion (Finely Diced)
- 2 cups tap water
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Start by adding olive oil in the pressure cooker. Add the green chili, bay leaves, onions, asafetida (one pinch), turmeric and salt. Cook until onions are translucent.
- 2) Add the tomatoes, coriander powder, garam masala, and red chili powder. Mix well.
- 3) Place a lid and let this mixture cook for at least eight to ten minutes or until it renders oils on its sides.
- 4) Remove the lid and add water. Place the lid back and bring this mixture to a boil.
- 5) Remove the lid and add peas and cubed tofu. Mix gently and place the pressure cooker lid with the whistle on. Cook to one whistle on medium heat.
- 6) Remove from heat and stand by for half hour.
- 7) Open and serve the prepared Tofu Curry with Rice or Naan.