1/1 Photo of Aarsi’s Ultimate Valentine Cake
Aarsi's Kitchen's Note:
This cardamom scented chiffon cake is inspired by the aromatics found in India. Each bite is like an air pillow, with an explosion of flavors. It is the moistest cake you will ever have!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for Cake
- 1 cup cake flour
- 14 tablespoons powdered sugar or 14 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided in to 2 equal parts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch table salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 green cardamom pod, crushed seeds
- cooking spray
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
Ingredients for Rose Frosting
- 1Method for Cake:
- 2Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and 7 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Set aside.
- 4Using the paddle attachment, start beating the egg yolks in a bowl.
- 5While beating the eggs, very slowly add water. Combine well.
- 6Now slowly add the oil to create an emulsion (smooth consistency).
- 7Add the sifted flour mixture in several batches to form a smooth batter.
- 8Add the cardamom seeds. Mix for another ten-fifteen seconds. Set aside.
- 9In a separate bowl, start beating egg whites while gradually adding seven tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- 10Beat until this mixture forms peaks and triples in volume.
- 11Gently, fold the egg whites into the egg yolk and flour batter. Do this in three batches and do not over mix.
- 12Pour the batter on to a 12” x 16” baking sheet, which has been coated with cooking spray and dusted with all-purpose flour.
- 13Place this tray on the top rack of the preheated oven.
- 14Bake until the cake tester comes out clean. It should take about ten to fifteen minutes, depending on the oven.
- 15When the cake is baked, take the baking sheet out of the oven and place it on a cooling rack. Bring to room temperature.
- 16Using a 3-inch cookie cutter cut 12 circles out of the cake sheet. Set them aside.
- 17Method for Rose Frosting:
- 18Start beating 1 Cup heavy whipping cream in a mixer bowl, using a whisk attachment.
- 19Once frothy, gradually add the powdered sugar.
- 20Once the sugar is combined, add the food color with the help of a toothpick.
- 21Add the rose water.
- 22Continue beating until it triples in volume and forms peaks.
- 23Place the frosting in a zip lock bag. Seal the bag to remove air. Push the frosting to one corner and snip that corner of the bag.
- 25Unsalted Shelled Pistachios, chopped.
- 26Edible Dried Rose Petals.
- 27Once, you have the frosting ready and the cake cooled, its time to get creative!
- 29Place one cake circle at the bottom of a glass bowl.
- 30Pipe the prepared frosting to cover this cake circle.
- 31Place another cake circle on top of this frosting and repeat part 2.
- 32Garnish with pistachios and rose petals.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aarsi’s Ultimate Valentine Cake
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.0
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 147.3 mg
- Sodium 162.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: