1/2 Photos of Aarsi’s Ultimate Lemon Rice
Aarsi's Kitchen's Note:
Tart lemon adds a citrusy note to the rice and refreshes the palate. Excellent with baked fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 large lemon, freshly juiced
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for taste
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 dry red chili
- 2 green chili peppers, diced
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup grams dal (chana dal)
- 1/2 cup unsalted Spanish peanuts
- 1Cook the rice and let it cool. I love using leftover rice.
- 2In a pan, heat 2 Tbsp of oil and on low heat and add the Chana Daal. Keep stirring until the dal becomes golden brown. Remove the dal in a bowl.
- 3Add 2 Tbsp oil to the same pan along with asafetida, curry leaves, turmeric powder, green chili and mustard seeds.
- 4Once they start splattering, add the dry red chilies.
- 5Add the cooked rice along with salt, peanuts and previously cooked dry chana daal. Stir gently to combine.
- 6After two minutes, add the fresh lemon juice and mix to combine.
- 7Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with plain yogurt and papadums.
- 8Enjoy with your loved ones!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aarsi’s Ultimate Lemon Rice
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.5
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1175.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: