Recipe by Aarsi's Kitchen
This crisp, bright dish is a snap to make and is packed with flavor from the slow cooked garlic. The salad stands alone as a light meal and also goes well as meat and potato side dish!
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- kosher salt
- chili pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 roma tomatoes (thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan full of water, add the green beans. Switch on the gas on medium and cook the beans until just tender. This process is called ‘blanching’.
- Drain your beans and shock them in a big bowl of ice water.
- Place a saucepan on low heat and add oil along with the garlic. Cook this low and slow. Keep stirring regularly to avoid burning of the garlic. Cook this until garlic turns light golden brown.
- Once, the garlic is done, add the green beans to it along with salt, pepper flakes and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Just before serving, add tomato slices. Toss to combine.
- Enjoy this flavor packed, light salad with your loved ones!
- Tips: You can cook the green beans ahead and toss them in the garlic oil before serving.