Recipe by Aarsi's Kitchen
My Mom’s famous coconut soup is very easy to put together and makes the perfect comfort food. The kick from the ginger really warms you up!
- 13 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 13 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 cup French beans (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 1⁄2 Spanish onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 bakers potato (diced)
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cups water
- cilantro leaf (Garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) In a soup pot add water, onions, ginger, carrots, beans and potatoes. Cover with the lid and bring to a boil or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2) Remove the lid and add coconut milk, green peas, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Place the lid back and bring to a boil.
- 3) Adjust the salt/pepper seasoning according to your taste.
- Just before serving, garnish this soup with few drops of ghee (clarified butter) and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Enjoy the warmth and comfort of this soup with your loved ones!
- 1) Using light coconut milk helps cut down some calories and does not result in a heavy soup. You can replace the light coconut milk with regular.
- Aarsi’s ultimate Coconut Soup.