Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
My Mom’s famous coconut soup is very easy to put together and makes the perfect comfort food. The kick from the ginger really warms you up!
- 13 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 13 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 cup French beans (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 1⁄2 Spanish onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 bakers potato (diced)
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cups water
- cilantro leaf (Garnish)
- 1) In a soup pot add water, onions, ginger, carrots, beans and potatoes. Cover with the lid and bring to a boil or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2) Remove the lid and add coconut milk, green peas, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Place the lid back and bring to a boil.
- 3) Adjust the salt/pepper seasoning according to your taste.
- Just before serving, garnish this soup with few drops of ghee (clarified butter) and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Enjoy the warmth and comfort of this soup with your loved ones!
- 1) Using light coconut milk helps cut down some calories and does not result in a heavy soup. You can replace the light coconut milk with regular.
- Aarsi’s ultimate Coconut Soup.