1/1 Photo of Aarsi’s Ultimate Coconut Soup
Aarsi's Kitchen's Note:
My Mom’s famous coconut soup is very easy to put together and makes the perfect comfort food. The kick from the ginger really warms you up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 1/2 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 13 1/2 ounces unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 cup French beans (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/2 Spanish onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 bakers potato (diced)
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cups water
- cilantro leaf (Garnish)
- 11) In a soup pot add water, onions, ginger, carrots, beans and potatoes. Cover with the lid and bring to a boil or until the vegetables are tender.
- 22) Remove the lid and add coconut milk, green peas, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Place the lid back and bring to a boil.
- 33) Adjust the salt/pepper seasoning according to your taste.
- 4Just before serving, garnish this soup with few drops of ghee (clarified butter) and fresh cilantro leaves.
- 5Enjoy the warmth and comfort of this soup with your loved ones!
- 71) Using light coconut milk helps cut down some calories and does not result in a heavy soup. You can replace the light coconut milk with regular.
- 8Aarsi’s ultimate Coconut Soup.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aarsi’s Ultimate Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.8
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 632.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk