Recipe by Aarsi's Kitchen
You will appreciate this recipe's quirky character of mini cakes containing interesting combination of spices!
Ingredients for the cakes
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more for taste
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 10 ounces broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup medium cheddar (grated)
Ingredients for the dipping sauce
- 1 pinch salt, plus according to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Chop the broccoli florets by pulsing them several times in the food processor.
- 2. Add cheese, garam masala, paprika powder, salt, egg and the breadcrumbs to the chopped broccoli. Mix to combine.
- 3. Form balls out of this mixture and gently press them to give it a shape of a flat disc. Set aside.
- 4. Heat about ½ Tbsp if olive oil in a pan and place these broccoli cakes and cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are brown and crispy.
- 5. Meanwhile, blend together mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, mustard and garlic in the food processor to make a smooth sauce.
- 6. Enjoy the crispy broccoli cakes with a flavor pact dipping sauce!
- 1. You can also add a fresh herb like tarragon or basil to the dipping sauce.