Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My BF LOVES this stuff!! I make it all the time for him to take in his lunch. I swear, he never gets sick of it! This is sooo much better than the prepared "ham salad" you find in the store. It is so simple to make, but you have to have a meat grinder (only catch). A bowl of soup, a salad, and one of these sandwiches, and you got a good, quick meal. It's also a nice appetizer to serve with crackers.
- 1 lb chunk bologna (from deli)
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip (salad dressing)
- 3 -4 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- Grind bologna in meat grinder.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Great served on fresh white bread or toast, with a slice of cheese, or served as a spread for crackers.
My mom made this frequently when I was growing up, but she added cheddar cheese and a little bit of onion. We also would put it open-faced under the broiler just until bubbly. WOW! Great stuff! Also, I have made it using my food processor, but you have to be careful not to turn it into pate':)
Growing up in Kansas, we had these all the time in the school cafeteria. They were called "Schoolboy Sandwiches" and were always a favorite. Hadn't thought of them in years, but now I'm hungry for one! Thanks!
We make this all the time at our house. Only difference being we use dill pickes ground with the bologna. I have never tried using the seasonings but I will give it a try. Thanks!