Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From chef2chef.com; no I don't know if this is really Aaron Tippin's recipe, but it tastes wonderful.
- 1 package corn tortilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 medium yellow onion
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown the meat and onion in a skillet.
- Add the taco seasoning and water, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish (8 or 9 inch square), put one layer of tortillas, then 1/3 meat mixture on top, followed by layer of beans and layer of cheese.
- Repeat two more times, ending with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
A hearty Tex-Mexy casserole.
My family of four devoured this! I used 12 thin corn tortillas (3 layers with one on each layer cut in half to cover full dish). 2 layers of beans and used Weight Watchers Mexican Blend Cheese in a 8X8 dish. We served it on a bed of lettuce with a dab of light sour cream. OH MY! Thanks so much!
It wasn't clear to me what size package of corn tortillas to use. In my grocery store they are available from 10 count to 36 count. I went with the 10 count and hoped it was right. This has a good flavor, but I found it to be somewhat dry. Because of the dryness I served it with salsa and sour cream.