Recipe by mollypaul
Hollanders like plain, substantial food and lots of it. From the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Baking time is approximate.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cream or 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Beat egg yolks; whip egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Heat potatoes,cream, butter, beaten egg yolks and seasonings in skillet, stirring until well-blended.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and place in prepared baking dish.
- Bake until golden brown.