Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from Young Times, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe:) LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 kg raw mango, washed
- 6 -7 sprigs mint leaves, washed
- 2 lemons, washed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- rock salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder, roasted
- soda water, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the serving glasses in a refrigerator to be chilled.
- Boil the mangoes in a pot on medium heat.
- Allow to cool for some time.
- Then, extract the pulp out of each mango by squeezing it with your hands (between your palms).
- Keep a few mint leaves aside a few for garnishing.
- Add some water and then grind the remaining mint leaves in your grinder.
- Cut the lemons into thin circles.
- In a pan, mix the raw mango pulp, sugar, salt, rock salt and 2 cups of water.
- Cook on high heat for a minute.
- Add crushed peppercorns, roasted cumin powder and ground mint leaves.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Just before serving, coat the rims of the chilled glasses with a piece of lemon.
- Pour the prepared drink into the glasses.
- Top it with chilled soda.
- Garnish with mint leaves and a lemon wedge.
- Serve chilled.