Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Aalster Vlaai is a native Belgian "bread pudding" of sorts.
- 1 liter milk
- 400 g Candico candy syrup (made by Candico, its a brown sirup in a little bottle approx. 2 cups)
- 7 mastellen (or biscuits)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 45 sugar cubes
- 1 pinch foelie (mace)
- Cook the milk and add the sugar cubes to the milk.
- Grate the mastellen (let them be dried out) into the milk.
- Beat the eggs real good until light colored.
- Mix the foelie and cinnamon in the eggs and then mix into the milk sugar mixture.
- Add the candisiroop and mix all till well blended.
- Pour into an ovensafe dish and bake for 2 hours in an oven between 350 (170-175) Eet Smakelijk, is enjoy your meal!